11 REASONS TO SEND YOUR KID TO CAMP!
At camp, children & youth:
11. Spend their day being physically active – As children & youth spend so much time these days inside and mostly sitting down, camp provides a wonderful opportunity to move. Running, swimming, jumping, hiking, climbing! Camp is action!
10. Grow in faith – Daily life in a Christian community impacts the faith life of campers of all ages. From new believers to lifelong followers of Christ, camp serves as a place apart to reconnect with God in an intentional way through daily Bible study and worship. Campers often remark that at camp they feel closer to God.
9. Experience success and become more confident – Camp helps children & youth build self-confidence and self-esteem by removing the kind of academic, athletic and social competition that shapes their lives at school. With its non-competitive activities and diverse opportunities to succeed, camp life is a real boost for young people. There’s accomplishment every day. Camp teaches kids that they can.
8. Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and thereby maybe a little frightening) things, and see that improvement comes when you give something another try. Camp helps conquer fears.
7. Unplug from technology – When kids take a break from TV, cell phones, and the Internet, they rediscover their creative powers and engage the real world— real people, real activities, and real emotions. They realize, there’s always plenty to do. Camp is real!
6. Develop life-long skills – Camps provide the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance their sports abilities, their artistic talents, and their adventure skills. The sheer variety of activities offered at camp, makes it easy for kids to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands every child’s abilities.
5. Grow more independent – Camp is the perfect place for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without parents guiding every move. Managing their daily choices in the safe, caring environment of camp, children & youth welcome this as a freedom to blossom in new directions. Camp helps kids develop who they are.
4. Have free time for unstructured play – Free from the overly-structured, overly-scheduled routines of home and school, life at camp gives children & youth much needed free time to just play. Camp is a slice of carefree living where kids can relax, laugh, and be silly all day long. At camp we play!
3. Learn social skills – Coming to camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other. When they live in a cabin with others, kids share chores, resolve disagreements, and see firsthand the importance of sincere communication. Camp builds teamwork.
2. Reconnect with nature – Camp is a wonderful antidote to “nature deficit disorder,” to the narrow experience of modern indoor life. Outdoor experience enriches kid’s perception of the world and supports healthy child development. Camp get kids back outside.
1. Make true friends – Camp is the place where kids make their very best friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easily. All the fun at camp draws everyone together— singing, laughing, talking, playing, doing almost everything together. Everyday, camp creates friendships.
See? Camp is great.