Camper In Leadership Training (CILT)
Every summer, some senior high campers have the opportunity to serve at camp as a Camper in Leadership Training. The goal of this program is to give some of our older campers a look into the life of a counselor as they spend the week with a cabin (or group) of young campers. Under the supervision and guidance of the Program Director and Summer Staff, CILTs will be given opportunities to lead games and songs while they assist with camper supervision and Bible Discovery. To help our campers build responsibility, CILTs are required to fill out an application and attend the Sunday volunteer training to better prepare them for their week of camp. There is also a CILT Training event in May that the prospective CILTs will attend to introduce them to their experience. The CILT Coordinator will work closely with the CILTs while they are here at camp so that they can continue to grow their skills and camp knowledge. CILTs aged 14-17 can come serve programs with campers in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade. CILTs aged 16-17 can come serve programs with campers in 3rd through 7th Grades.
To become a CILT for this summer just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Fill out the CILT application found here: Application PDF
- Note: There is not an online application. Please print out the pdf and send it in with the attention to "Program Manager"
- CILTs need to fill out an application every year.
- You will be contacted about the program/dates you desire to be at camp.
- After approval, register for the event as a camper - Cost for all CILTs is $100 - Cost for day camp CILTs is $50.
- Be prepared to attend the CILT Training Event and Volunteer Training on Sunday morning of the day your week begins.
- Come serve as an awesome part of Summer Camp 2018.
CILT Training Event
For youth age 14-17 approved by Program Directors or the Program Manager
Event ID: GCOO Date: May 18, 2019 / 9:00am-6:00pm Cost: Free
CILT Training will last from 9:00am to 6:00pm on May 18th, 2019. This event will help prepare the CILTs for the experience they will have during their week at camp. We will learn songs, skits, and lots of games as we also go over important things to think about while they help care for young campers. Come ready to spend the day learning and playing with the other CILTs. Campers will meet at the Welcome Pavilion to start out the day. Please register for this event after completing an application.