Camper In Leadership Training (CILT)
Do you want to become a better leader and develop a love of serving others, all while growing your camp skills? Then come be a part of making a week of camp happen as a Camper in Leadership Training (CILT)! The goal of this program is to give our older campers a chance to build their abilities as a leader, both at camp and in their communities. CILTs get a look into the life of a counselor as they spend the week or part week with a cabin or group of young campers. Under the supervision and guidance of the Program Director and Counselors, CILTs will be given opportunities to lead games and songs while they assist with camper supervision and Bible Discovery. To help our campers build responsibility, CILTs are required to fill out an online application and attend a mandatory pre-summer CILT training session. CILT Training will introduce them to the CILT experience and provide them with the information they need to help make camp safe for all. The CILT Coordinator will work closely with the CILTs while they are here at camp so that they can continue to grow their skills and camp knowledge. CILTs aged 14-17 can serve in programs with campers in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade. CILTs aged 16-17 can serve programs in with campers in 3rd through 7th Grades. Applications for CILTs will close on June 1st.
To become a CILT for this summer just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Fill out the CILT application found here: Application PDF
- Note: There is not an online application. Please print out the pdf and send it in with the attention to "CILT Coordinator"
- CILTs need to fill out an application every year.
- You will be contacted about the program/dates you desire to be at camp.
- After approval, register for the event as a camper - Cost for all CILTs is $100 - Cost for day camp CILTs is $50.
- Be prepared to attend a mandatory CILT Training Event. (dates listed below)
- Come serve as an awesome part of Summer Camp.
CILT Training Events
For youth age 14-17 approved by Gretna Glen Year Round Staff
All CILTs must attend a training event. Training will help prepare the CILTs for the experience they will have during their week at camp. Each event takes place from 1pm- 6:30pm with dinner provided. We will learn songs, skits, and lots of games as we also go over important things to think about while they help care for young campers. Come ready to spend the day learning and growing? with the other CILTs. Please register for an event after completing an application.
Training Dates 2020: (Make sure to check the box with the appropriate dates on your "Mail In" Registration Form)
April 19 - Cancelled